Cant Connect your Printer to MAC ? Resolve Canon Printer Issues on your MAC Device Manually
Printers are essential for both home & business as it lets you easily print your documents in few clicks without wasting time to locate a stationary shop. Though Printers have a lot of benefits, still experiencing printer errors and malfunctions are a big problem to deal with. Knowing where to look for a reliable CANON printer support will not only help you solve your problem but also help you save time.
In this post, we have listed out the common issues you face while connecting your Canon Printer to your MAC device. Also follow the guide to resolve them manually.
Problems You Face while Connecting your Printer to MAC
While connecting your printer to MAC device, you may face issues or errors like:
- Your printer doesn’t appear in the Printer pop-up menu of Print dialogs.
- Your printer doesn’t appear in Printers & Scanners preferences.
- Your Mac displays a message that software for your device isn’t available.
- Your Mac doesn’t see your printer or have the software for it.
Tips to Connect your Canon Printer to MAC: Steps to Follow
- Follow these steps to connect your MAC USB port to Printer:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Select your printer in the list of devices.
- If your printer doesn’t appear in Printers & Scanners preferences, click Add (+) at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a printer or scanner.
- To Add Printer window, follow these steps:
- Choose Default to display the list of printers connected to your Mac or discoverable on your local network.
- Choose IP if your device is connected to your network and you know the device’s IP address (or host name) and protocol. If you don’t, ask your network administrator or check your device’s documentation.
- Choose Windows if your device is connected to a PC using printer sharing, or to your network using the Windows SMB/CIFS protocol. You might first need to set up File Sharing to connect to the networked Windows resources.
- If you’re using a Wi-Fi printer and your Mac still can’t see the printer:
- Make sure that your printer is in range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi router and printer are using the latest firmware.
- Restart both your Wi-Fi router and printer.
- If the issue persists, take these final steps to remove any currently installed printer drivers that could be causing the issue:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
- Control-click anywhere in the list of devices, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.
- From the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder. Type /Library/Printers/ and click Go.
- The Printers folder opens. Choose Edit > Select All to select all items in the folder.
- Choose File > New Folder with Selection to put all of the selected items into a new folder named New Folder With Items.
Following these steps, most of the issues with your Printer will be resolved. If the printing issue persists, we recommend you to contact the Canon printer Customer Care Number for support 1-800-436-0509 US Toll Free.
About the Author: The author is a technician associated with Canon Printer Tech support with a wide experience of fixing printer technical or compatibility issues with PCs, laptops, tablets and MAC devices. With a large experience in devising effective ways of printer compatibility issues, he has so far helped thousands of users across the globe. Call on Canon Toll Free Number 1-800-436-0509(usa), +44-800-046-5700(UK), +61-800-769-903(AU)for instant support.