New Latest Canon printer PRO-1000 launched see Review
New Latest Canon printer PRO-1000 launched see Review
Using the imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 17″ printer
The PRO-1000 is Canon’s top of the range desktop printer for sheet media
Our PRO-1000 was supplied already set up and working. This giant sheet of paper looks intimidating, but is actually very clear about the setup process.
Don’t rush it and set aside an hour or so to get things running – there are several times where you just need to leave the printer for a while as it does its stuff.
Specifications (from Canon)
|Printer Type||Wireless Professional Inkjet Printer|
|Printing Method||FINE: Full-Photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering|
Canon PRINT app5
Greyscale Photo Printing
Pro Gallery Print8
PIXMA Cloud Link9
|Print Speed (up to)||17″ x 22″ Bordered Photo (Colour):
Approx. 4 minutes 10 seconds3
13″ x 19″ Bordered Photo (Colour):
Approx. 2 minute 30 seconds3
|Number of Nozzles||1,536 Nozzles x 12 Inks, Total: 18,432|
|Nozzle Pitch||600 dpi x 2|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Colour: Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi4
Black: Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi4
Up to 2400 x 1200 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Computer Operating Systems:
Mac:16 Mac OS X v10.7.5 – 10.10.x
Windows:17 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1, Vista SP2, Windows Server 2012,2012 R2, 2008,2008 R2
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS®, Android™
|Standard Interfaces||Hi-Speed USB 2.0
Ethernet (10/100Base -T/TX)
PictBridge (Wireless LAN)6
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)7
|Ink Droplet Size||4 Picoliters per Ink|
|Ink Droplet Size||Type: Pigment Based LUCIA PRO Ink Technology
Tank Fill Volume: 80 ml.
|Paper Sizes||17″ x 22″, 14″ x 17″, 13″ x 19″, 11″ x 14″, 10″ x 12″, 8.5″ x 11′, 8″ x 10″, 5″ x 7″, 4″ x 6″|
|Maximum Paper Size||17″ x 22″|
|Media Thickness||Rear Tray: Maximum 0.3 mm
Manual Feed Slot: 0.1 mm – 0.7 mm
|Maximum Roll Print Length||Maximum:
Rear Tray: 23.4 in.
Manual Feed Slot: 23.4 in.
Rear Tray: 5.0 in.
Manual Feed Slot: 10.0 in.
|Paper Feed Method||Rear Tray and Manual Feed Slot|
|Output Tray Capacity||Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets of Plain Paper
20 sheets Photo Paper (4″x6″); 10 sheets (Letter/8″x10″); 1 sheet (A3+)
Manual Feeder: 1 sheet of Photo Paper (all sizes)
|Languages||Printer Languages:Printer Language: Swift Graphic Raster
Job Control Language: IVEC
Status Reply: IVEC
|Noise Level Approx.||Approx. 41.0 dB(A)12|
|Power Consumption||Maximum: 37 W13
Standby: 2.5 W
Power Off: 0.4 W
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 59 – 86 F° (15 – 30 C°)
Relative Humidity: 10 – 80% (No Condensation)
|Warranty||1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free U.S.-based technical phone support.19|
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROMimagePROGRAF PRO-1000 Printer Driver
Print Studio Pro v 2.018
Quick Utility Toolbox
Media Configuration Tool
Device Management Console
Colour Calibration Tool
|General Features||12 Individual Ink Tanks, Advanced Pattern Print, Index Print, Fine Art Paper Support, L-COA PRO Image Processing Engine, Non-Firing and Compensation Function, Real Time Control of Ink Ejection, Air Feeding System, Colour Density Sensor, Calibration Link, Contrast Reproduction|
|Certifications||Rated EPEAT Silver
Energy Star Certified
RoHS Directive Certification
|Printer Memory||1 GB (Standard)|
|Head Configuration||12 Ink Integrated Type (4 Ink Chips x 3)|
|Storage Environment||Temperature: 32 – 104 F° (0 – 40 C°)
Relative Humidity: 5 – 95% (No Condensation)
- Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/2400 inch at minimum. Results may vary depending on printer driver settings.
- Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.
- When using Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101).
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- DPS over IP compatible device required.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires an Internet connection and the Pro Gallery Print app, available for free on the App Store. Compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd/4th generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2 or later and devices running iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with SmugMug and Zenfolio web services.
- Requires an Internet connection.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity, and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
- Acoustic Noise is measured based on ISO7779 standard.
- When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101) using default settings.
- When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on A4 size Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101) using default settings.
- For the temperature and humidity conditions of papers such as photo paper, refer to the paper?s packaging or the supplied instructions.
- Support Programs are subject to change without notice.
- Internet Connection required during software installation.
- Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- Print Studio Pro v 2.0 plug-in software is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5/CS6/CC/CC(2014)/CC(2015), Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/12/13, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3/4/5/6 and Canon Digital Photo Professional 3.12 or later.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.