Steps to Add a Wireless or Shared Printer in Windows 10? Contact Canon Printer on +1-800-436-0509
After adding a wireless printer to your system or device, you can start printing with it right away. Although installing a printer in Windows 10 is an easy process and can be completed in just 10-minutes, yet it becomes hectic sometimes. In this post, we have listed the manual steps on how to add a Local/Wireless/Shared printer on your Windows system.
Common Ways to Connect Your Canon Printer to System
The most common way to connect a printer to your PC is by USB cable, which makes it a local printer. You can also install a wireless printer or add a printer connected to another computer on your network. Find bellow all the methods to connect your Canon Printer to your PC/Laptop or device. For any problem, contact Canon Printer Toll Free Number and talk to our printer tech experts.
Add a Local Printer
- Connect your Canon printer to your computer via USB cable
- Turn your printer on
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click the option Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, tap the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- If Windows cannot locate your connected printer, click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- You are done.
Start the Windows troubleshooting guide to help you find your printer. It will search for available printers and help you download the drivers for them.
If that doesn’t work, contact Canon Printer or go to the official website of Canon and download the drivers and installation tools for your printer model.
Add a Wireless Printer
The steps to install a wireless printer are a little different than previous. Most of the times, modern printers will detect your network and automatically complete the installation process with your network. Still if does not, you must follow the below mentioned manual steps to add your wireless printer to your network.
- Use the printer’s LCD panel to enter the wireless setup: Wireless LAN Settings.
- Select your Wi-Fi network. You should enter your home network’s SSID to complete this step.
- Enter your network password and you are done.
Sometimes, you may need to temporarily connect your printer to your PC through USB to install programming. You should discover your printer naturally included the Printers and scanners area under Settings > Devices.
On the off chance that you keep running into inconvenience, ensure your printer is generally near your PC and not very a long way from your wireless router. On the off chance that your printer has an Ethernet jack, you could likewise associate it specifically to your router and oversee it with a browser interface.
Add a Shared Printer
Windows’ home systems administration highlight called HomeGroup automatically shares printers and certain documents with different PCs on your home system. If you are seeking ways to connect your printer to HomeGroup, connect your printer to the shared network on a different computer.
Canon printer tech support number will help you establish your shared printer with your network.
Set Up a HomeGroup
To setup your home network already has a HomeGroup set up, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the wireless icon in the taskbar and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click “Ready to create” next to HomeGroup. If a HomeGroup already exists on your network, it will say “Joined.”
- Click the Create a homegroup button.
- Click Next.
- Select what you want to be shared. Printers & Devices are shared by default
- Write down the HomeGroup password Windows creates for you. You’ll need it for each computer you want to join the HomeGroup.
- Click Finish.
Connect to a Shared Printer on the HomeGroup
If you want to join the other computer(s) on your network to join the HomeGroup, you can do this with just few steps:
- Click Homegroup and then the Join now button in Windows Explorer.
- Click Next.
- Verify what you want to share and click Next.
- Enter the password and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Network in Windows Explorer and you should see the shared printer installed.
Ask Canon Printer Tech Support Expert Toll Free for Other Canon Issues
If you are still not able to diagnose & resolve your Canon Printer Network issues then you may seek expert help by opting Canon Printer Support over phone or Live Chat. Our certified Canon Printer support team will assist you to sync your canon printer with your system or any device.
Canon Printer Helpline Number are – +1-800-436-0509 USA/Canada, +44-800-046-5700 UK and +61-1800-769-903 AUS Toll Free.
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.